The ten predictions and my comments in BLUE
The Top 10 Predictions are:
- Prediction 1 – The CMO role becomes "open for definition" as today's CMO job description becomes considerably more complex and critical.
- my view it moves towards the Customer Experience Officer or maybe the Chief Interactive Experience Officer
- Prediction 2 - Innovative CMO and CIO pairs will throw out the rule book when it comes to IT's support of Marketing
- No doubt CMO´s will have to work closely with the CIO with all analytical software, marketing automation and real time dashboard / measurement demands.
- Prediction 3 - By 2020, the Marketing function in leading companies will be radically reshaped into three organizational "systems" - content, channels, and consumption (data)
- Would not be sure these are the three "systems" that are critical. My view we move towards:
- My view it will stronger move towards a segment persona driven operating model
- Agree with the channels as they become OMNI channel (seamlessly integrated)
- Consumption data..would be data collection ...360° view, hyperactive persona measurement
- Marketing Technology - Infrastructure - processes, measurement
- John Iwata, IBM sr VP marketing & communication developed 3 systems: Corporate Character (Brand & Culture), Make Markets (Strategy), Capture Markets (Demand Generation).
- No brainer
- Especially the seamlessly integration...you hop from smart phone to tablet to Laptop, PC...and continue where you left...
- Agree I see that many organizations are collecting so much data and have so much data available but still have no idea and the capability to analyse something smart out of it.
- see 6..in my view they realized already a couple of years ago but it is difficult to find the skills....call us :-)
- Good point to build training and education for marketeers on this. We have a great Spanish team that can do this. They build a great case with SONY Pictures in ES.
- Unavoidable digital is driving the transformation